The building on the corner by the traffic light, above Waterstones book shop, is the King's Arms Hotel. There has been an inn at this location since at least the seventeenth century, and by the start of the nineteenth it was the main coaching inn of the city. Charles Dickens was a guest, as were visiting members of European royalty. However, the current building 'only' dates from 1882.
Lancaster Priory is in the background; from this angle its tower looks like part of the castle, but is outside the far wall.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2004|