Following John Wesley's visit to (or at least through) Lancaster in 1759, a Methodist society formed in the city. They met in an upper room from 1794, but moved into a dedicated chapel here in 1806. The chapel was extended in 1815 and 1836, but further acquisition of land permitted reconstruction of a much larger Wesleyan Methodist church, which opened in 1874.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2008|