The church was designed by E.W. Pugin, a renowned architect of catholic churches, like his father Augustus, now best known for his (uncredited) work on the Houses of Parliament.
St. Hubert's was opened in 1865 by the Bishop of Nottingham, who was subsequently buried here.
St. Hubert was the patron saint of hunters, which is apt within the Forest of Bowland, originally designated as a royal hunting preserve.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2008|