Damside Mill, built in 1808, is extraordinarily tall, at 23m (75' ). This was to compensate for the elevation of the village: at or below sea level. However, the sails were superceded by a coal-fired steam engine and removed in 1866.
The mill closed altogether in 1926, becoming a private home. Sold in 2004 for ~£345,000, the Old Mill is now a bed & breakfast guest house.
The cap is brand new – see the next image for details.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2007|