Known to have existed before 1086, the church still has Saxon and Norman features, though it was rebuilt in the 15th Century and restored in the late 19th Century, when the tower was added.
The building is Grade II* Listed, which is a surprisingly high rating ('of outstanding national importance' in terms of architectural or historical interest). It could be because the church appears in a painting of Hornby Castle by JMW Turner.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2007|