This sandstone tower on the sea wall next to Heysham Port was built in 1904 to warn small boats off the rocks outside the harbour mouth. However, it was soon superceded by the still-active South Pier light, and was disused by 1916. Note that the Near Naze Light was never 'Heysham Lighthouse'.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|