The large building behind the trees is Lappet Mill, built in 1835 to weave cotton using the power of the River Calder and a workforce housed in a 'model village'. Though no longer taking its power from the river, the mill is still in industrial use. Since the 1920s, the cloth has primarily been used in the manufacture of shemaghs finished in Clitheroe and exported to Saudi Arabia.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|