Garstang was granted a royal charter to hold a market by Edward II in 1310 and still does so, weekly. The cross itself may have been removed in 16th Century religious conflicts, and this monument was renovated in 1887 to commemorate Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee.
The building behind is the Royak Oak; the hotel's signs must have been removed for repainting.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|