It's safe to assume that, like the adjoining almshouses, the chapel dates from 1720. It's rather small; barely large enough for the (nominally) twelve residents and an officiant, but apparently it was used as a Bluecoat school for the sons of craftsmen from 1770.
The altar had been decorated for harvest festival, which would have been more impressive if the loaf of bread had been removed from its packaging and garishly-wrapped chocolate bars hadn't been incongruously included in the display.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|