The Hall has existed since at least 1246, but was destroyed by government troops in 1715. Rebuilt in 1763, it was bought by the Gillow family (world-famous furniture-makers) in 1822 and refaced in the fashionable 'Gothic' style.
Apparently, there have been 26 owners of the property in 760 years yet ownership only transferred by sale twice and the current owner is a descendant of the first recorded resident. That remarkable continuity is even more surprising considering that the owners were Catholics throughout periods of persecution; a priest hid within the walls.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|