This fairly elegant (probably because it adjoined a passenger platform) stone-built signalbox to the north of Carnforth Station was only used from 1882 until 1903, its 31-lever capacity being superceded by a 77-lever box nearby, brick-built to a more generic design. This one is currently only used as storage.
Click the plaque on the end wall for a close-up.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|