The railway viaduct, opened in 1857 and strengthened in 1915, is 477 m long with 50 piers – count 'em.
The hill on the far side of the main valley is Whitbarrow, with White Scar cliffs at the right.
The Howgill Fells are barely visible in the low-level haze on the horizon, but are clearer in the next image, a close-up of this one.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2006|