As the name suggests, when John Brennand of Pain Hill Farm died in 1717, he left money to found a school to educate young boys of the parish. It was operated by the vicar and deacon of St. Andrew's Church, to the immediate right of this photo. The school is still in use for the under-11s, though modern classrooms have been added behind the Grade II* Listed original building.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|