The hotel was built in 1893 as Blawith House, the home of G.W. Deakin, a Bolton cotton merchant. It was renamed and opened as a hotel in 1935, and billeted troops & evacuees during WWII. The imposing building, with 4½ ha of topiary gardens and woodland, still dominates the main road into the town.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|