When completed in 1881, the reservoir flooded 60 acres (24 ha) and held 185 million gallons (841 million litres, or 841,027m³). The intention was to ensure a steady supply of water to mills further along the River Wyre. It's rather lucky that the mills are long gone, as the reservoir has rapidly silted-up, and is a fraction of its original size and capacity.
That's Home Farm again in the background.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|