The watermill ground grain for over 200 years (probably not the same batch...): wheat to flour until the 1920s, corn until the 1940s, and oats/barley for animal feed until 1942. It also sawed wood from the 1870s to 1920s. In the early twentieth century, a dynamo was added, generating electricity for the mill, inn & cottages until at least 1946. Once mains electricity arrived, the mill became redundant.
It was restored in the 1980s as a tourist attraction, though that doesn't entirely explain the Giant Panda sitting in the upper window. Spotting that was a genuine double-take moment.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|