Lancaster and Glasson Dock were linked by this railway until 1930 (continuing as freight-only for a further decade). Following the removal of the line itself, Lancashire County Council bought the land and opened it as a footpath/cycle route in 1991. It was adopted into Route 6 of the National Cycle Network in 2000. Lancaster City Council has subsequently improved the surface in places, as an extension of the River Lune Millennium Park.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|