The church, built in 1905, was designed by Austin & Paley – not the more (locally) famous 'Paley & Austin'. E.G. Paley died in 1895; his son remained with the firm, but naturally H.J. Austin was senior.
It's perhaps surprising that such a substantial building wasn't constructed to be a parish church but merely a satellite chapel of St. Thomas's Church in nearby Garstang. Barnacre became an independent parish in 1911.
|Site Home||Tull Tour History||Annotated Passion Play||The Blog|
|© NRT, 2005|