24 January, 2007
Just in time, a meme
Yet another meme discovered via Neil.
Anyone care to explain the title?
1. Elaborate on your default icon.
Favicon? It's the Ministry of Information logo; 'M' and 'I' in dark green overlaid by a white 'of'.
Avatar? Same again: the Ministry logo.
2. Whatís your current relationship status?
Monogamous heterosexual distance relationship, which puts me in a weird limbo between 'single' and 'couple'.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Of course silence is a quality.
5. Whatís the name of the song thatís stuck in your head right now?
None. I rarely listen to 'catchy' music, so I'm spared the irritation of such earworms.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
I wouldn't marry.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Dunno. I don't think of memes as chains of specific people.
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
My father once accused me of resembling Tom Cruise, though he's said the same about himself. The three of us could be said to have similar noses.
9. Do you wear a watch?
No, though I'm rarely far from a clock, whether on a wall, PC, bike computer or mobile phone.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Why is this one of the most frequently asked questions in meme questionnaires?
To repeat: I wouldn't want piercings myself (I recoil from the idea of the process itself), but I do like some other people's piercings, particularly multiple piercings in the same ear.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
Another oddly common question....
I don't have any; I couldn't imagine wanting such a permanent decoration.
12. Do you like pain?
What? No, that's not one of my fetishes.
13. Do you like to shop?
Not for myself.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Lunch was a bean wrap with an annoying tomato sauce; annoying in that I'm now wearing it.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Hmm. My Amazon account is configured to draw from my credit card, so the last purchase would have been... <checks account>... the Gaudí 2007 wall calendar.
I don't carry my credit card, so I don't use it for 'real world' payments.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Either Helen or my mother, yesterday evening; I forget which of them rang last.
17. What is on your desktop background?
Nothing. It's blank black.
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
None. I don't think it even supports backgrounds.
19. What was the last movie you watched?
'Un Long Dimanche de Fiançailles' ('A Very Long Engagement'), for the second time.
20. What was the last book you read?
The last book I completed was 'A Fool's Alphabet', by Sebastian Faulks, almost a fortnight ago. Some individual paragraphs were excellent, but I was less impressed by the overall book.
I'm currently reading 'The God Delusion', by Richard Dawkins. I wouldn't have chosen to obtain a copy (here's why), but a colleague has lent it to me, and will want to discuss it, so I'd better give it a try.