To the Ministry's main lobby The Ministry Blog
concert setlists

16 September, 2005

Is 'Areometer' a word?

I can't immediately think of a specific use, but I'm sure the Google Areometer is something worth bookmarking.  Based on Google Maps, it allows one to plot the boundary of a polygon and discover the size of the area enclosed, in a variety of units.


Actually there is a word for a device that measures areas: a planimeter. But I couldn't remember the word when I wrote the page.

Posted by Jef Poskanzer at September 17, 2005 01:39 AM
Site Home Tull Tour History Annotated Passion Play
Day in the life... Page design and original graphics © NRT, 2003